Is Refresher Training nationally recognised training?

No. Refresher training is training to ensure that your  RIIWHS204D – WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS competency (which is nationally recognised) is current and relevant to any changes to Regulations, Standards, or changes in operating procedures that may have been introduced, mandated or adopted by your industry in recent years.

You will need to supply a notarised copy of your RIIWHS204D at the time of enrolment.

When you have successfully completed your refresher you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion and a Statement of Attainment for  an RIIWHS204D

Do I have to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Indicator (LLN) test?

No. You already have the RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights unit of competency, which in itself, proves that you have the LLN capacity to complete the refresher course.

Do I need a Unique Student Identifer (USI) to enrol in the Working at Heights Refresher?

Yes. Although the working at heights refresher training course is not Nationally Recognised Training, we issue a replacement RIIWHS204D so that you meet the requirements of some mining companies which require that your RIIWHS204D must be less that 2 years old. We can only issue if you have a valid USI number

Registered Training Organisations are prohibited from issuing a Statement of Attainment to students if they do not have a verified USI

Create your USI

How often do I need to do a refresher?

It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.

You need to previously have held the RIIWHS204D Statement of Attainment. That statement along with this Refresher Training serves as your refresher evidence.

Civil Safety offers all students a free life-time My Skills Locker. The My Skills Locker stores all your tickets, licences and qualifications so you never lose them. Your My Skills Locker will also remind you when a refresher is due.


Yes. You can complete the refresher course and then apply to Civil Safety to transition to the RIIWHS204D. You will also need to provide a USI (Unique Student Identifier Number)

You will need to provide evidence of working in industry during the past 12 months. This can be 3rd party (letters from supervisors or owners), workplace documentation such as logbooks, JSAs, WMSs, etc).


Please feel free to call us on 1300 CIVIL S if you have any questions.

How do I Enrol?

You’ll need a few thing before you start the enrolment process. 

Have your Drivers Licence (or other photo ID) ready.

Have a notarised copy of your RIIWHS204D – WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS certificate handy (if you don’t, you can always email it to us prior to issuance).

Have your USI number ready

Have your PayPal details (or your credit card) handy.

Then. Click on the ‘Enrol Me Now’ link below and you’re on your way.